Make Your Own Wallpaper

Monday 9 February 2015


Who doesn't love wallpaper? It's sooo back in Vogue and I'm wishing I could unfurl 182 rolls of Orla Kiely and Florence Broadhurst and smear them over every available surface in my house, yes I am.
Seeing as though we'd need to remortgage the house to do this, I've come up with my own way to wallpaper my walls. You may have already seen my use of faux polaroids (real ones too exy!) on the walls in my studio (a peek, above). You can read more about them here. And they only cost about 12 cents each!

Since starting the 52-Week Illustration Challenge, I've been treated to so many beautiful original artworks, and, as I did with my collection of little papery bits (I made them into a mobile), I thought it ridiculous to keep them locked up in a folder or trussed up in a drawer. I want to SEE and enjoy them!

So, I began wallpapering my studio cabinets with this imagery.




Some of the artwork is mine, some from my friends, some are stickers, some are photos. Some are postcards, some are magazine clippings. There's even sections of bunting and post-it notes and quotes.







It really doesn't matter what you wallpaper your space with. Whether it's polaroids (below) or your children's drawings, having these things all around you is so utterly inspiring. And--of course--unique. No one else in the world will have wallpaper like you.




You could use sheets of patterned scrapbooking paper, wrapping paper, notepad pages, letters or pretty envelopes. You could use calendar pages, bookmarks, greeting cards or book pages.

What will you wallpaper your walls with?

1 comment:

Emma Perry said...

Just GORGEOUS!! What a beautifully inspiring space. Love it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...