New Books This Week - 27 Oct 2013

Sunday 27 October 2013


Some wonderful books entered my life this week. The above book by Marcia Williams was found yesterday at Paperchain Bookstore after my An Aussie Year launch. Lovely local teacher/librarian Rachel was buying a copy, and I couldn't resist. She also told me how much she loved Eve Ibboston's work, so her gorgeous daughter Emily found the book below for me, too. It's historical fiction and I can't wait to start it.


On the way out of Paperchain, I found this at the front counter (naughty front counter marketing ploys!)--by Sally Muir and Joanna Osborne. I used to knit heaps upon heaps of things--you can see just some of them here.. anorak... cable knit baby cardigan... three little pigs... and I simply LOVE to knit. Imagine then, if you will, knitting up an entire zoo?

These knitted animals are truly exquisite and I can't wait to start the first one. Meerkat or giraffe?


This book arrived in the mail this week--a stunning compilation featuring the work of Quentin Blake. No words necessary. Heart thumping.


And this one arrived along with Quentin... it's for writers who dream of taking imaginative fiction to greater heights--to magical places and beyond. It's a visual guide, which is exactly how I write. I want to swim in it.


Another book in the post--Ringo Starr has brought to life one of the Beatle's most iconic songs with this gorgeous picture book. Bright and joyous.


Another review copy... I absolutely adored Iggy Peck, Architect, and I'm bananas for David Roberts' work. Requesting this one was a no-brainer. It's heaven.


And this I recently ordered after telling myself I simply must order it for, oh, months upon months now. I love a good bio, and who better to read about than one of the most interesting men in history?


Have you read any of these books? Do you plan to? Which new books made it to your house this week?


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...