my National Bookshop Day finds!

Saturday 10 August 2013

Here are my finds from our shopping expedition today for National Bookshop Day. Did you buy anything? I hope you did! If yes, post your photos on the Kids' Book Review facebook page!


Absolutely adore Phillip Gwynne's work and can NEVER pass up an Andrew Joyner book, especially as he is currently illustrating one of my own books!
 

Am a wee bit obsessed with Gecko Press and have been eyeing off this book forever. The illustrations are just heart-thumpingly retro.
 

My daughter is currently reading book 2 of this amazing series by Michael Grant, and couldn't resist picking up book 4. She keeps insisting I read it, too. Where am I going to find the time!?
 

HUGE Mo Willems fan. HUGE. I kept insisting to my daughter that we already have this but she hasn't been able to find it in our embarrassingly large collection of picture books, so it came home with us. I love how my 13-year-old adores picture books. She's her mother's daughter.
 

Ever on the lookout for something on the lighter side for my son to read in bed after an exhausting day ... love the look of this DiaryWimpyKid-esque book.


I recently discovered Molly Idle with her book Flora and the Flamingo. I tripped and fell head over heels in love. I therefore peeped with GLEE when I found this Molly book at Paperchain Bookstore bookstore in Manuka today.  


Love Marian's recipes, and have had a real hankering for some Thai food of late. Gorgeously-designed book.

I was also delighted to see several of my books in Paperchain, including my brand new Eco Warriors to the Rescue!, right next to The Fearsome, Frightening, Ferocious Box by Frances Watts', who I met for the first time just a few days ago, and The Nelly Gang Stephen Axelsen who just yesterday became a facebook friend. Spooky!


On the way out of the store, I grabbed a Spring Reading Guide and it wasn't till I got home that I also found Eco Warriors in the 'Kids for all ages' section.


A very lovely bookish day! {aren't bookish days always lovely?}

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...