twinkling tinsel wreath

Monday 10 December 2012


Dashing into Sparty's today in search of tissue paper and feather boas, I was accosted by this incredible, large, feathery tinsel. The colour quite simply took my breath away. I don't even know how to describe this colour. Vintage teal? Rustic marine blue? Silvery greyish blueish green??

Whatever the colour, it had to come home with me. Having snaffled a large hoop from Spotlight only moments before, I knew just what to do with this tinsel. Here's what I did.

First, I wound twinkling lights around the hoop, ensuring enough cord overhand to reach the powerpoint.


Then I began winding the tinsel, ensuring the lights could pop through here and there, to do that which they do best - twinkle.


Um. That's it. Oh - hang it and plug it in and stare at it in rapture.



I actually had one length of tinsel left over, so I wrapped it around this smaller wreath (about 25cm across). It's a fuzzy, fluffy, garden of tinselly delight and I love it.


Isn't it wonderful how the smallest things can bring us so much joy?


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love this!

Tania McCartney said...

Thanks, lovely one! and so simple, too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...